Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Our Weekend Fun!

I just thought I'd write real quick and let everyone know what we decided to do this past weekend. We decided on Great America for Saturday and Deep River Water park for Sunday. So it was quite a full weekend. Our cousin Kelly has only ever been on 1 roller coaster. She's been to Amusement Parks before but I guess she's never gone on the coasters, so we thought this would be something fun for her. She's a hard person to read sometimes, I mean she's 17, but she said that she had a good time. We went on nearly every roller coaster in the park with the exception of 2 or 3, and did some of the other rides as well. Overall I think we had an enjoyable time. I hope she did. The next day we went to Deep River Water park. I thought it was going to be warmer. It was one of those days, as long as you were in the water you were OK, but as soon as you got out, make a run for your towel. We did all but 3 of the water slides,and went in the wave pool once. We spent most of our time in the lazy river. It was fairly relaxing compared to the walking non-stop of the day before. She said she had fun, and I was glad and thankful that she did. There were points when I was ready to take her home,lol, but I had to continue to remind myself she's only 17, she's had a hard life, and she is not a christian. She's stayed with us last night and will probably again tonight. I hoping she has had a good time with us. Sometimes its hard to entertain, especially someone who complains a lot, and never seems thankful. I just have to remind myself again, she's had a hard life, and I was probably the same way at that age.

1 comment:

  1. This hasn't been a great summer for swimming. We've really only had a couple really hot days. Glad you found some fun things to do. Just think of the seeds you've sewn in her life! I love hanging out with your girls, so how could she NOT have fun, just being with you both??

    ReplyDelete