Wednesday, July 8, 2009

What to do With a 17 yr. old?

OK so as you can tell, and like I mentioned before, I'm not the best at this blogging thing. I've been wanting to write, but either because of lack of anything to write about, or just busyness I haven't gotten around to it. So here I'm again, giving it another try.
So this weekend our 17 year old cousin Kelly will be staying with us. She lives in Arizona now, so she's been here almost a month visiting. Like I said she is staying with us this weekend. I feel bad the poor girl has not done much since she's been here. I know everyone else in my family has kids and their own things to take care of so everyone is a little tapped out as far as money is concerned. Anyway, I just wanted to show her a good time. Saturday we will go to the Water park(I'm praying fervently that it doesn't thunderstorm). However if it does storm I need some backup plans. She's already been to the zoo, and a Cub's game. So this all begs the question What do you do with a 17 year old? I haven't seen her since my Aunt got married in 2005. I've talked to her now and again, and kept in touch through text, my space and stuff like that. But I have no idea what she likes to do for fun. I know she likes BMXing. Or she used to. Anyway all this to ask for suggestions. I want to take her out. She's been cooped up at our Aunt's house watching TV almost the whole time she's been here. So, so far some of my ideas are well the water park, which she said she'd love to(provided it doesn't rain), The Museum of Science and Industry, which I enjoy but I don't know if she would, yeah that's all i have. So any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post is long and boring. I'll get better at it...I hope... LOL!!

2 comments:

  1. I would say to take her into the city and just shop and eat. If she's not a shopper, maybe go to Navy Pier or something. You guys like the city, and she would probably have fun too. You could always go biking with her ;) Just be careful. Those BMX bike tricks can be brutal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lisa, I did think of Navy Pier to, I haven't been there in forever, I just wasn't sure what there was to do there. Haha can you just see me trying to bust some BMX biking moves lol!! Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete