Monday, September 27, 2010

Ichthus and Other Stuff

Okay, one day I WILL get the hang of this thing!! It's been what two mionths since my last post...Sorry.. I spent the last hour and a half trying to sign in because I couldn't remember my password, only to find I had the wrong email. For someone who loves computers and technology I just wasn't do very well today..oh well... I'll use the excuse that I was partying all weekend at a concert...well..becasue I was. We went with a family on Friday night to Fort Wayne for a concert called Ichthus, where a whole bunch of artists come and play, and we camped out there..which in Indiana, this time of year, means we FROZE! It's that time of year when you never know what you're going to get. We didn't get the rain we were supposed to but we got the cold, and since no open fires were allowed we were huddled (the 7 of us) in a circle as close as close as camping chairs would allow. In the middle we had our propane lantern as a fire... Good Times. Actually, we had a blast! The bands were amazing!! I was so moved by some of the testimonies of those guys! I hear all their music on the radio and some of it is played over and over and over. I get tired of hearing some of the songs. But when you're at a concert and they can explain to you the reason they wrote the songs, and how those things have impacted their life, to me, it just made me love those songs even more all over again. I wasn't tired of hearing them anymore. As the lead singer in one of the bands said, "These songs aren't just lyrics we write because they are fun or just because we like them. These songs are our life on paper." I was so moved by what he said that night. After the whole things was over I told my sister I was gonna spend a lot of money on music. :) But, it was the best experience! I haven't been to a lot of concerts at all... I can count 1 concert and a few concerts where there were more than one band playing when I was in highschool. But after Icthus, I am planning on seeing a lot more!! I told my sister we needed to start looking up upcoming concerts because I have to hear all these artists again...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment